WatStech offers independent assessment of new technologies. Combined with our experience of design construction and monitoring laboratory scale operations, we offer services according to the client’s specifications.
- Research to determine the impact of chlorine dose on the biofilm formation potential of final drinking water. This involved construction, operation and monitoring of 3 biofilm rigs for a 12 week period. The effect of different degrees of oxidation were determined by chemical and micro-biological analysis on the biofilm development within the modified Robbins device.
- Testing of a prototype heating panel under control conditions. This involved construction of a frame to simulate ceiling mounting and the use of domestic heating equipment.
- Assessing a number of scale removal technologies such as ultrasound, magnetics and different coatings. These required the construction of a lab scale rig to simulate a domestic heating situation.
- Analysing a wide variety of adsorption media for the removal of pollutants using our lab scale columns and isotherm tests.
- Determining performance of different coagulants in wastewater treatment.